Monday, December 7, 2009

The Law of God

A thousand crazed men hanging
On the edge of madness
A thousand crazed men hanging
Toes tickling the glass,
Of that undisturbed watery mass,

We're singing our last song,
Rehearsing the steps for the last dance

The men from the East are coming
Snaking like the river for miles
There is the desert still! think
A thousand crazed men hanging
On the edge of madness
A thousand crazed men hanging,
Toes tickling the glass,
Of that hungry watery mass.

Creasing your brow,
There are ten million
White sails like shrouds, or puffing clouds,
Like white blankets.

Someone stabbed the earth in the East,
Oozing like the river in pulses of blood.
Spilling over and over and over and over and over and over
Down the river, keeping the sails afloat.
Filling the river for their million boats.

It's a new sunny day, but all I can see,
Is my body twitching in a casket of clay.
I live on the left side and die on the Right,
My lies have grown up like Bengal lights.

Thunder's cracking down all around me
And it feels like my heart
Pumping the blood out, out, out
All the unholy blood!

A thousand crazed men hanging
Onto the edge of madness,
A thousand crazed men hanging,
Toes tickling the glass,
Of that bloody congealed mass.

LORD! Oh God, Light of our earth, hope of our souls,
You came in the thunder but-but-

(gave us your whisper)

There's a change, this fear's got a hold of me now,
And the madness like a circle, complete, and feeding
Itself like a damned wreath.
It sounds like gnashing teeth.

God! Oh God-

Walk out into the night, you just have to see it,
You just have to see it you just have to see it you just have to see
What will kill you. The lightning is illuminating

The thousand crazed men swimming,
In their deadly sea, they fell,
Into this deep round cavern, flashing, thundering, and bloody
Like a womb and the labor is agony,
Inside this sphere of death.

Reach to the paternal right hand,
Clap your thighs and kiss the knees,
The great rolling and unblinking eye
Fixed upon you in the bright, white, flashing darkness.

Give up your guns. Give up your guns!
Why won't you give up your guns?
Can't you see that it's the edge of madness
To fire upon them, it can't work.
But they won't see our white flags!
Let us blaze out like these lightning shocks.
And go quivering into the dust, to float their sails,
With our bubbling blood?

You should be my light, and I could be your space
To live in and die in the night.

Good God, we wanted a fight and we got one.
I'm getting cold and fear this damp,
I was hit, I think I've been hit. I don't want to die.
It was a good plan, tell my mother hi.

We were among them,
The thousand crazed men,
Clinging to our madness,
The thousand crazed men,
Now choking on their last breath,
We hoped to carve life from death.

We were wrong, were very wrong,
Ducking in this Sinai valley with our small hands,
Like we'd seen the flash of the atom bomb.
Something like hot melted rock, waist deep
It makes our skeletons all bright,
Like December Christmas light.

Take us away from here! Take us away from our graves,
Take us awayawayaway.

We tried, now we've died, and I'm not even angry anymore.
It seems too just for that.

Thank God I'm a free man.

No comments:

Post a Comment